Network Management Software Service
GlobalNOC can provide these network management systems as a managed software service. Network management servers can be placed directly in a network or remotely in IU’s secure data centers or a combination of the two. These servers and the software that runs on them are managed 24x7x365 by professional systems and software engineers at the GlobalNOC.
- 24x7x365 service monitoring, troubleshooting, and incident management response
- Routine server maintenance and regular software upgrades
- Custom feature development and implementation
- Integration with external systems through rich APIs
GlobalNOC knows that each network is different. While there are similarities across the R&E networking landscape and we have learned how to leverage the tools we develop across our customer base when it is most efficient or effective that we do so, we recognize that each network has its own unique needs. At GlobalNOC, we take the time to listen and learn about an individual network and provide the support and tools best suited for its mission and needs. If that customized approach means developing specialized tools or unique features added to our existing tools, GlobalNOC will both guide the process and deliver such software services.
The set of software deployed is customized for each client, and typically includes applications such as:
- Comprehensive network monitoring systems supporting network event notification and reporting
- Network visualization systems, including GlobalNOC Worldview and Atlas
- An advanced operational network information database, documenting all aspects of a network, including hardware, IP addresses, vendor and customer relationships, details about physical deployment, photographs, topology/circuits, etc.
- High-resolution network measurement systems utilized to collect and visualize network performance data
- Automated database configuration agents and network configuration backups to keep archival configurations for configuration management and disaster purposes
- Advanced automated network control and dynamic circuit provisioning software
- Looking glass type interface acting that allows specified access to aid in troubleshooting and problem verification
- Access control, authorization, and accounting systems